I baked it for exactly 28 min and that was exactly enough time to get it done. What I did next was to let it cool down, then gently pressed it over the surface to completely even it out. I left baked cake crust unseparated from it’s mold over the round edge, because it must support upcoming ingredients.
When cake was almost completely cooled down to a room temperature and the surface flattened, I drizzled it with a couple of teaspoons of rum essence, then with some cherry juice (see in the ingredients section).
The cake got soaked with juices and was ready for the next step. I arranged the whole amount of cherries on top of the cake crust, then covered them with chocolate filling. I stroked the cake mold twice to a kitchen board but not too hard so that the filling can evenly spread between cherries. Then I flattened the top and placed it in the fridge.
1. Preheat the convection oven at 200 Celsius degrees.
3. Mix with a stand mixer cold aquafaba with 1 tbsp. of sugar into a stable foam.
4. While aquafaba is mixing, in a another bowl blend all dry ingredients together with a wire whip. Stir well and break cocoa powder lumps. Then in a separate bowl blend together vegan yoghurt, soy milk and oil and incorporate that into a bowl with dry ingredients, while stirring with a wire whip.
5. Add mixed aquafaba into a the previous mixture and gently stir with a wire whip.
6. Put the batter into the oven, reduce the oven temperature to 190 Celsius degrees and bake cake for 28 min.
7. Take the cake out. Let it cool down completely. Even it out by gently pressing cake’s surface. Don’t separate the cake crust of it’s cake mold.
8. Drizzle cake’s surface with one halh of rum essence and with cherry juice.
9. Cover surface with a whole amount of drizzled cherries.
10. Warm up slightly chocolate filling, stir with spatula while warming up. Next, pour it over the cake and even it out. Make sure that filling goes between cherries and that it covers them completely on surface. Put the cake in the fridge for 6 hours or overnight.
11. Serve cold.