This is an healthy cake with a rich taste of white chocolate with a base of pistachios. The taste of white chocolate predominates over the whole cake because of presence of cocoa butter. The final layer is made of white chocolate glaze that is sprinkled with matcha powder.
The cake base is sweetened with natural ingredients such as dates, and the cashew filling is sweetened with maple syrup. My main focus was on adjusting the sweetness and consistency so that it doesn’t become too sweet.
Couldn’t really decide about how should be decorated, and somehow I imagined it having the colour of vegan raw white chocolate. By the time I finished the cake and was about to decorate, I changed my mind and decided to sprinkle the top with matcha, to add some marzipan on top, some dried fruits, and some flowers as well. Seems that idea was not so bad. Anyways, next time will just leave it as it is, in it’s shades of colour of sand, with the top glaze of white chocolate.
360 gr of cashews;
145 ml of maple syrup;
1. Put dates and pistachios into a high-speed food-processor and pulse until it’s well chopped. Add water and pulse several times, then press it gently into the cake form and let it sit in the freezer for 10 min.
For the filling:
1. Place cashew nuts, maple syrup into a high-speed food-processor and blend it until it gets a smooth creamy texture. Add cocoa butter and soy milk, then pulse several times until butter and soy milk becomes incorporated.
2. Take the cake out of the freezer and pour the cashew filling on it. Put the cake back in to the freezer for the next 50 min. or until the top is firm.
3. Take the cake out and sprinkle the top with chopped pistachios. Put it back to freezer.
Mix together (in a high-speed blender) ingredients for cashew butter and set aside.
4. Prepare the white chocolate glaze by mixing together (in a high speed blender) cashew butter, cocoa butter and maple syrup into a smooth glaze, then take the cake out and pour the glaze on top of it. Put it back into the freezer.
5. Garnish with dried fruit, vegan marzipan and flowers.