One chocolate decadent cake, with soft, chewy cake base topped with silky chocolate ganache. It has soft consistency, it tastes even better after being overnight in the refrigerator. It doesn’t require a mixer, and the cake batter is done in a short time. Chocolate ganache is simple to make, it can be made in a pot, or in a microwave oven.
This ganache is basically a mixture of good quality vegan cooking cream and dark chocolate (chocolate with 45 % of cocoa), with addition of some icing sugar. 1 tbsp. of icing sugar is just enough to lift the sweetness up, but you can add some more if you prefer a sweeter taste.
I covered the cake mold with baking paper, poured batter in, then baked the cake for exactly 20 min. on 190 Celsius degrees. Then, I waited for 5 min. for cake to cool down a bit. Then, with the top of knife, I made holes starting from the surface of cake and finishing almost to the bottom.
I had to gently press the surface to even the cake out. The next step was to make chocolate ganache: I combined and melted all ingredients in a pot, then poured that mixture over the cake. I let it completely to cool down to room temperature, then put it in the fridge.
Cake should stay in the fridge and served chilled, it makes a perfect addition to a cup of coffe.
Cake mold size – 20 cm., bottom covered with baking paper.
Ingredients for chocolate ganache:
Directions for the cake batter:
1. Turn on the oven at 190 Celsius degrees.
2. Mix with wire whip : flour, sugar, baking powder and cocoa. Add yoghurt, soy milk and melted butter, mix well with a mixer. Add chopped chocolate and stir. Pour batter into a cake mold and bake for 20 min. on 190 Celsius.
3. Let the cake cool down a bit, then make holes with the top of knife starting from surface and ending almost to the bottom. Do not separate cake from cake mold. Press gently the top of cake with fingers, to even it out (if necessary).
Directions for ganache:
1. While the cake is cooling down, melt chocolate with cooking cream and butter in a pot by stirring often with a spatula. Do not let it boil, let chocolate to completely melt . Add icing sugar, stir, then turn off the stove.
2. Pour ganache over cake, let it completely cool down, first at room temperature, then in the fridge for a couple of hours, or overnight.
3. Keep it in the refrigerator. Serve cold.